ONLINE PASSPORT SYSTEM
The ideal structure of online passport registration provides security to the passports to be registered where in we can fill all the details in an efficient and easy manner. A passport is a document, issued by a national Government. This certifies, for the purpose of international travel, the identity and nationality of its holder. The Elements of identity are name, date-of-birth, sex and place of birth most often, most often nationality and citizenship are congruent. A passport does not of itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor to consular protection while abroad or any other privileges it does. However normally entitle the passport holder to return to his country that issued the passport. Rights to consular protection arise from international agreements, and the right to return arises from the laws of issuing country. An individual can register for a passport irrespective of his/her age. The registration of passport is a major step for issuing of a passport. It is system or process in which an individual has to provide exact details of his /her personal information and residential information. Proper registration of a passport is very vital as all the detail filled by the individual are depicted on the passport that is issued.
· This existing system is not providing secure registration and profile management of all the users properly.
· This manual system gives us very less security for saving data and some data may be lost due to mismanagement.
· In the previous management system all the details required were taken manually in the form of documents. In this system every individual had to stand in a queue which involved individuals in huge numbers. Hence maintaining of documents submitted for passport registration was a tedious work as many no of individual apply for registration. In this the individual has to go through the passport office foe registering of a passport through a govt. Agent. The Govt. agent who is the mediator, is responsible for registration of passport and any mistake made by the agent makes it a major concern for the individual. These agents demanded a huge amount of money and were not mainly concerned about maintaining the details of every individual in a confidential and secured manner.
· Hence the existing system is more time consuming and involves more manpower.
The development of this new system contains the following activities, which try to automate the entire process keeping in the view of database integration approach.
- User friendliness is provided in the application with various controls provided by system rich user interface.
- This system makes the overall project management much easier and flexible.
- Various classes have been used for maintain the details of all the users and catalog.
- Authentication is provided for this application only registered users can access.
- Report generation features is provided using to generate different kind of reports.
- In this system the individual fills all the information or details required for passport reservation through online.
- The individual has to fill all the details and can’t leave any field as blank.
Number of Modules:
The system after careful analysis has been identified to be presented with the following modules:
- Authentication and Security Module
- Admin Module.
- User Module.
- Reports Module.
- Authentication and Security Module
The user details should be verified against the details in the user tables and if it is valid user, they should be entered into the system. Once entered, based on the user type access to the different modules to be enabled / disabled and individual user can change their default password or old password.
- Admin Module
In this module the user can register an another admin. He can here also view all the application details of an
applicant he also can update status of an application. And he can also generate reports using report module.
- User Module
In this module a user of any age can register himself for passport (It may be fresh, renewal, lost). He can also
view the status of his passport.
- Reports Module:
In this Module the Administrator can generate the different types of Reports according to their access.
Operating System : Windows XP/2003
User Interface : HTML, CSS
Programming Language : Java
Web Applications : JDBC, Servlets, JSP
IDE/Workbench : My Eclipse 6.0
Database : Oracle 10g
Server Deployment : Tomcat 5.x
Processor : Pentium IV
Hard Disk : 40GB
RAM : 512MB or more